Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems linking Access to SQL replicated tables

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I am running an Access application that uses linked tables to connect to a SQL server.
Ever since I turned on replication on those tables, I cannot add records to the table using regular Access forms (and, for that matter, I cannot do it by just double-clicking on the table from Access and trying to enter records).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!Have you also refreshed those links i.e.(deleted the links and recreated them in Access) since you "turned on replication on those tables" (or not)?|||Yes, I have deleted the link and recreated it after turning on replication, but I still get the same error every time I add a record.|||You are able to add a row via query analyzer or EM, and the table is not a read only subscribed table you are attempting to add rows to? (just asking the obvious things)
If all that is in order you might check to see if the generated link schemas include columns that the system automatically populates with data. If there are some (replication related columns) or others such as identity, GUID, timestamp, etc. columns (that are automatically populated), try removing them from the Access link schemas (not the base tables) then recreate your link(s) and attempt a test row insert. If that does not work try creating a view (test insertion in QA / EM), then create a linked table to the view and test its behavior.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment