Monday, March 26, 2012

Problems getting SQL Server 2005 Express to run on my XP Pro PC

Hello
I have installed SQL Server 2005 on my XP Pro PC but I can't get it to run.
If I go into the SQL Server Management Studio Express program in the Server
name dropdown there is nothing displayed - even if I browse. But database
should be local.
If I look in Services I don't see any SQL Server entry? The only thing
vaguely related I see in Services is SQL Server VSS Writer. And this has
started OK.
How can I troubleshoot this?
AngusHi Angus
"Angus" wrote:

> Hello
> I have installed SQL Server 2005 on my XP Pro PC but I can't get it to run
.
> If I go into the SQL Server Management Studio Express program in the Serve
r
> name dropdown there is nothing displayed - even if I browse. But database
> should be local.
> If I look in Services I don't see any SQL Server entry? The only thing
> vaguely related I see in Services is SQL Server VSS Writer. And this has
> started OK.
> How can I troubleshoot this?
> Angus
>
What does it say as installed programs?
Do you have the installation log files see
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143702.aspx ?
John

No comments:

Post a Comment