Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems installing MSDE

When a double click setup.exe, I get the following message:

"SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine Setup

SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine cannot be installed on thiscomputer. This product requires Microsoft Windows NT Version 4.0 Service Pack 5or higher. Please download the service pack fromwww.microsoft.com prior to installing."


My machine is running Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4.
Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Part of the problems installing MSDE is trying to install the service pack before SQL Server, try the link below and download the eval edition good for 120 days and the developer edition is $30 or less on the web . Hope this helps.
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/trial/default.mspx|||Thanks for your advice. I didn't write back earlier because I wanted to try our solution until I it was successful.
I tried what you suggested, but I was still getting the error message.I looked into the autorun.inf file. In it it had these lines
...
[servicepack]
NTVersion=4
...
I verified that I could run MSDE on my OS by reading the documentation.Then, I commented out the line, and the installation rancorrectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment