Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems integrating reporting services into a web app

Hello

I have an existing web app on my web server, and reporting services on my app server. I'm trying to integrate the reports into the web app.

The problem is, when the user clicks 'execute report', the app, predictably, falls over, because the aspx page thinks it's on the same server as reporting services, whereas it's not.

Does anybody know how these requests from the aspx page can be redirected to a different server? The way I see it, if I can't get the integration working through url access, I'll have to use the soap api, which will involve dynamically creating drop downs for the report parameters, etc, which is moving away from utilising the advantages that reporting services brings!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dominic

Hi Dominic,

this article will help you embed the report in your web application:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms153563.aspx

regards
Helen|||

Thanks for the reply helen. My problem is that in our architecture the client can't access the report server directly. I've decided to go with the reportviewer control instead.

Cheers

Dominic

No comments:

Post a Comment