Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problems insalling SP3

Hi everyone,
I was installing the SP3 to the RTM version of the SQL SERVER 2000 and
during that process an error ocurred:
"Error running script: sp3_serv_uni.sql(1)"
When I clicked on the ok button the setup shut off and I tried to
restart the service (I stopped it before begining installation) but i
couldn't, so i restarted the computer and everything seemed normal.
What should i do? should i try to reinstall SP3?
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
I had this problem. I had to enable only named pipes in the enabled
protocols of the SQL server network utility and the SQL client network
utility and after the install enabled TCP/IP again. It may work with a
combination, but that is how I got around it (not my brilliance, I found it
with a google search somewhere).
<anonymous@.devdex.com> wrote in message
news:#wYJSMpdEHA.4092@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi everyone,
> I was installing the SP3 to the RTM version of the SQL SERVER 2000 and
> during that process an error ocurred:
> "Error running script: sp3_serv_uni.sql(1)"
> When I clicked on the ok button the setup shut off and I tried to
> restart the service (I stopped it before begining installation) but i
> couldn't, so i restarted the computer and everything seemed normal.
> What should i do? should i try to reinstall SP3?
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment