Wednesday, March 28, 2012

problems in Hands-On-Lab, MED302

Hi,

I am new to Windows Mobile. I am trying to follow the expample, MED302: Developing an SQL Mobile Application with Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. The problem happend when I reached Exercise 4: Create a Subscription. After task 1 and 2, I typed http://yunan/sqlmobile/sqlcesa30.dll in IE. But I got "The page cannot be displayed" message and "HTTP 500 Internal server error". I am sure the IIS is running. Is there any other settings I need to do? If I continue to create subscription, I will get the following error message.

"
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

A call to SQL Server Reconciler failed. Try to resynchronize.
HRESULT 0x80004005 (29006)

The schema script 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\YUNAN_SQLMOBILE_SQLMOBILE\20061018144997\CustomerData_2.sch' could not be propagated to the subscriber.
HRESULT 0x80070005 (0)

The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber. If using Web synchronization, the merge process may have been unable to create or write to the message file. When troubleshooting, restart the synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file to which to write.
HRESULT 0x80045017 (0)
"
Many thanks in advance.

Yunan

Yunan,

Have you got this solved? I'm having the same error message and couldn't find a solution.

Eva

|||You must use a unc path, not c:\... but \\server\repldata. Look at this: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1648231&SiteID=1|||

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am using \\server\\snapshot which is a unc path. This is a shared folder with Share Name as snapshot. It is physically under c:\\snapshot.

Any other suggestions?

Eva

|||Make sure access permissions are set properly for the share/file system folder, in order for the IIS merge agent to access the path.|||

Eric,

The permissions are set. The snapshot folder allows snapshotagent, internet agent account (IUSR_computer) to access. Those users also have access right (owner) to database and publication access list. Basically, I followed the steps in the following article:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171908.aspx

I just can not create a subscription. I’ve exhausted the possible techniques I could find from forums. I don’t know if I need to re-install my existing software such as SQL server 2005, SQL 2005 CE (sqlcesa30.dll).

Thank you very much for your time. If you have new suggestions, please let me know.

Eva

|||

You can troubleshoot further and post your error stack, then it will be possible for other forum user to assist. Please enable SQL Server agent logging as per http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173017.aspx

|||

Eric,

Thanks again!

The problem was solved by move sqlcesa30.dll to my snapshot folder and modified my IIS virtue directory for SQLCE point to this folder. Now, I can move to next step of building applications.

Now, I continue to follow the sample in

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171908.aspx

When I try to do step 6 of Add a data connection, in the list of data providers, Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition is not available. Any idea on how to add it?

Eva

|||

You must be using Visual Studio standard (or higher) SP1 for Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition to be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment