Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems installing External Stored procedure

Hi There

I'm having problems installing a external stored procedure that I created in Visual C++. I've created the .ddl and put it in the correct directory.

I've run the following commands to install it
sp_addextendedproc xp_regex, "D:\garth\ExternalStoredProcedures\Tecas\xp_regex.dll"

I then exec the procedure and get the following:

execute master..xp_regex

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1
Cannot load the DLL \\tedevsql02\garth\ExternalStoredProcedures\Tecas, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).

The .dll is definately in that directory. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any tips?

Thanks

SynAck
Sorry, that error should read as follows:

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1
Cannot load the DLL D:\garth\ExternalStoredProcedures\Tecas\xp_regex.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).

|||

Make sure you have also copied to that directory other .dll's that you reference from you program.

|||At the moment, the program is the equivilent of a "hello world" program

No comments:

Post a Comment