Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problems inserting decimal numbers

Hi,
I'm having trouble inserting a decimal numbre in SQL
Server. I have an app built on .Net.
I'm passsing the number "98.5" to a store procedure and
SQL Server is saving the number but like this 985.00.
What seems to be the problem?
The regional settings of the computer at first where:
decimal separator ","
List separator "."
group separator "."
I have changed them to
decimal separator "."
List separator ","
group separator ","
But is looks like its not working....
Please help....Manrique,
we know that SQL Server does not do that, so the answer is to find where the
values gets changed: is it changed by the application? Is it changed within
the stored procedure? I think that's what you need look at. Have the
stored proc return the value of the variable at various stages of the stored
proc, I believe you would see a "whoops" somewhere.
Quentin
"Manrique" <mulloa@.grupo-polymer.com> wrote in message
news:02ee01c38c31$d5624820$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I'm having trouble inserting a decimal numbre in SQL
> Server. I have an app built on .Net.
> I'm passsing the number "98.5" to a store procedure and
> SQL Server is saving the number but like this 985.00.
> What seems to be the problem?
> The regional settings of the computer at first where:
> decimal separator ","
> List separator "."
> group separator "."
> I have changed them to
> decimal separator "."
> List separator ","
> group separator ","
> But is looks like its not working....
> Please help....

No comments:

Post a Comment