Wednesday, March 28, 2012

problems in creating report (parent child hierarchy)

hello,
im working with as/rs 2005 and need help in creating a report.
my cube has a parent child hierarchy in "category".
structur is as follows:
Aa1
2b
B Cf
g10
1112
I like to have a function or something, that gives me the unique names of all children of maybe A (result should be: a,1,2,b,3,4,...)
there is a function called children, but i am not able to obtain my desired result. (in fact, i dont get any result with this fuction)
every little bit that shows me the right direction is highly appreciated ...
sincerely,
Rhapsody

If I understand you correctly, this should do the trick:

with

member [Measures].[UNMChildren]

as 'GENERATE(EXCEPT(descendants([Category].currentmember,10,SELF_BEFORE_AFTER),[Category].currentmember),

[Category].currentmember.uniquename, ","

)'

select {[Measures].[UNMChildren]}

on columns,

{[Category].members} on rows

from CubeName

Hope this helps,

Santi

|||thank you santi, but that was not it ... or i didnt apply it the right way ...
i will provide you with some more details ... maybe you can help me than...
im using the adventure works dw.
measures: fact finance
dimension: dim organization (esp. parent child hierarchy: parent organization key)
i have a query parameter "DimOrganizationParentOrganizationKey", which is a multivalue parameter and user can choose IDs (from different levels) he/she wants to see.
the structure of the IDs looks as follows:
1|||

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with Reporting Services.

As far as I know, the mdx should be able to return the uniquenames of a dimension member's descendants separated by commas.

Maybe if you have a secondary datasource in Reporting Services which returns the Unique Names of the members passed by parameter, you could be able to use that to make visible/invisible the appropriate members. Not sure though...

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment