Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems installing SQL 2000

I installed VS 2005 which automatically installed SQL 2005. I wanted to also install SQL 2000. I tried to install SQL 2000 (Client tools) after 2005 was installed and there were errors. I then uninstalled SQL 2005 and tried to install SQL 2000 (client tools). This is on my local machine not a server.

I am getting the following error:

"A connection could not be established to XXXX\SQLEXPRESS. Reason: SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

That sounds very confusing.

What is instaleld right now on that machine. If you installed SQl Server 2000 in a default instance and SQLExpress, I guess that SQL Express doesn′t have the default port number, so it should be another than the default one 1433. If you use the syntax of Servername\InstanceName,Portnumber you should get the access to the instances without any problem.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment